Saturday, September 3, 2022

1930 REO

1930 REO
(photo record for work performed in, Invoice #6)



Photos 6-1) Photo shows preparation of gas tank for epoxy-primer coating. I used power tools to get the metal clean and bright for the acceptance of the epoxy.




Photos 6-2) Photos show preparation of front valence panel (goes under radiator). Again I used power tools to get the metal clean and bright for the acceptance of the epoxy.







Photos 6-3a thru 6-3d) Photos show preparation of the four fenders. I used a high-power rust-buster pad on the outside surface of fenders, and a high-power wire-brush on the underside surfaces (note the swirl marks from power wire-wheel on underside surfaces). I used other tools also including a steel wire tooth brush to clean the tight corners around wheel-well inserts on underside.




Photos 6-4) Photo shows power tools I used in the cleaning process.





Photo 6-5a and 6-5b)  Top photo shows batch of parts ready for epoxy coating. Lower photo shows right front fender in progress on work bench. After cleaning the steel surfaces, I acid etched them using vinegar with a final wipe down of metal-conditioner as it seemed to do a good job on large surface area parts like the fenders (I used metal-conditioner from my stock). The acid etch is what gives the metal the bluish look as seen in the top photo.




Photo 6-6) Photos show parts after epoxy coating (front fenders, rear fenders, gas tank, and front valance panel).

 

 Note: There are more parts to prep and prime. I will do them one batch at a time until all are done.

 

THANK YOU, JERRY!




 








No comments:

Post a Comment

1930 REO

  1930 REO (photo record for work performed in, Invoice #19) Photo 19-1a thru 1d) Photos show my work fabricating the right splash apron str...